Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One of the Blue berry patch!

So I am working at Menards while we are living here in Scottsbluff. I started out part time working in the plumbing department. I honestly didn't know a thing about plumbing.... But it has really been a neat thing to learn. I will know a lot when I am going to shop for new bathroom appliances and things like that so its pretty darn cool!
I really like the people I work with. they are all pretty nice. I have moved up to full time in the plumbing department which gives me 40+ hours a week, which is just what we needed so we could save some money and have a little less stress. I honestly didn't think I would find a job fast enough when we moved to Nebraska. It took a couple of weeks and i applied at several places... never really hearing from anyone about a job. I didn't know anyone. Marcus started school right away so I was really kind of on my own. It was scary. Marcus took me to Menards because another wife of one of the basketball players worked over there so we were going to go over and meet her and apply for a job there. She wasn't there so we walked around went over and applied. I am actually familiar with Menards because i grew up around them so it was kind of neat. They interviewed me and a few days later I had a job and I have been loving it since. I do still feel like I need a vacation. But I have been really grateful for the work I do have. Its been a huge blessing in our lives. I'd even transfer to another Menards if we ever moved to an area that had one nearby. :) I guess we will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment